I have just been nominated for the “Inspiring Blog Award” and the “One Lovely Blog Award!” The fascinating thing about this nomination is that is comes from Jane, the author of In My Mother’s Room. Jane found my blog most likely due to the recent publication of my own care giving experience, “Who I Am Yesterday.” I am honored. Jane is a graduate from Ohio State University with a degree in journalism. She is among those new friends that I have found since hanging my “author” shingle out in cyberspace. I encourage you to visit her blog where she has written about her experience with her mother, as well as her blog describing the adventures of an empty nester. Both are hyper-linked above. So, according to those who pass the torch, there is a protocol that must be followed by each nominee.
- Link back to the person who nominated you (check)
- Post the award image to your page (working on it)
- Tell seven facts about yourself (check)
- Nominate 15 other blogs (check)
- Let them know they are nominated (next task)
So, Jane, here I go:
Seven things about myself.
- I am older than Jane but younger than the Queen of England.
- Beer is okay, but I prefer wine (see Jane’s page for more detail)!
- I am married to the love of my life and my soul mate. Although his current mental state has driven the man I met far away from me, I still cherish every moment I can share. We still find humor in life and we still find joy.
- I love music of all shapes and sizes, as long as I can understand the words and if the words have some vague meaning (if there are any). I also don’t care to walk away with ringing in my ears or have my heart pounding at escape velocity. I do like form so, well, heavy metal is off the plate. I have, however, heard some rap that impressed me.
- I am a stepmother and step-grandmother. My husband’s offspring are very bright and a joy to know. I myself have never had children.
- I graduated from Dallas Baptist University with a BA in Business Administration and have never stopped “going to school.” This means I have accumulated a number of miscellaneous licenses, professional certifications and courses relevant to real estate and accounting careers.
- I love writing. I was hooked the moment I held that first published copy of a book I had written in my hands. I love the community of artists and creative people I have found in the process of growing into my new career. This nomination makes me feel as though I have found a home.
Now I get to nominate 15 blogs that I enjoy or that inspire me. Some of these people have been unknowing mentors; some are relevant to my diverse interests and searching mouse. THIS is going to be fun! (Even if it did take me forever).
Notifications to will be delivered this evening.